More than 250 years of sparkling winemaking experience and ancestors
who defined innovation helped to form today's Domaine Chandon,
which continues the tradition of discovery and passion for great winemaking.
Join us and gain valuable hands-on experience
from one of California’s premier sparkling wineries.
• Handle grape/juice deliveries
• Operate presses
• Drive forklift
• Perform routine operation of pumps and filters to rack, transfer, and clarify juice and wine
• Perform chemical additions to juice and wine
• Perform direct inoculation of yeast to juice
• Set both manual and automatic tank temperature controls
• Perform routine barrel work: S02 adds, topping, stirring, racking, and filling
• Collect wine/juice samples and general support for the laboratory
• Exposure to complex cellar equipment: Cross flow, STARS
• Responsible for sanitation in all areas of cellar operation.
• Assist skilled cellar workers in various cellar operations.
• High school diploma or GED preferred.
• English required
Professional experience & know how:
• Minimum 1 year winery cellar experience.
• Knowledge or ability to learn safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals
• Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures
• Ability to be trained in confined space entry process and procedures
• Ability to drive a forklift and become forklift certified.
Technical & management skills:
• Ability to understand and perform basic math.
• Ability to understand and perform basic measurements.
Personal & interpersonal skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.