More than 250 years of sparkling winemaking experience and ancestors
who defined innovation helped to form today's Domaine Chandon,
which continues the tradition of discovery and passion for great winemaking.
Join us for Harvest and gain valuable hands-on experience
from one of California’s premier sparkling wineries.
• Coordinate, with guidance of the Assistant Winemaker, Grape Receiving and Juice Processing: scheduling and writing work orders to prepare the press pad for fruit arrival and juice to fermentation stages of harvest
• Document grape receiving, juice movements and additions
• Coordinate juice and wine shipping including bill of lading management
• Selection of tanks for juice settling, and racking of juice into selected tanks for primary fermentation with all necessary additions
• Participate in juice / wine tasting and decisions
• Working with the winemaking team towards management of yeast and bacteria cultures, and must inoculation
• Monitor fermentation process
• Coordinate winemaking trials
• Coordinate with laboratory and cellar regarding work orders and analysis
• Cellar and lab support as needed
• High school diploma or GED required.
• Bachelor degree in Food Science and / or Enology preferred or 4 to 6 years equivalent experience required
• English required
Professional experience & know how:
• Minimum 1 year winery cellar experience.
• Knowledge or ability to learn safe cellar practices, including safe handling of chemicals
• Knowledge of winery cellar operating procedures
• Ability to be trained in confined space entry process and procedures
• Computer skills including Word processing, Data base and spreadsheet.
Technical & management skills:
• Previous experience in sparkling wine operations preferred but not required
• Knowledge of cellar operations and specific activities of cellar functions
• Skill in project management and/or logistics
• Skill in mathematics wine additions based on formulas
• Skill in lab analysis and reading lab results
• Ability to organize and detail work process
• Ability to use Microsoft products such as Word and Excel
• Ability to work flexible work shifts and schedules
Personal & interpersonal skills:
• Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
• Ability to work harmoniously with co-workers and with different departments to coordinate a result