We are currently seeking an outgoing individual with a positive and professional attitude who is genuinely passionate about wine, to join our production team. The Production Perator Lead maintains a superior quality of wines by performing a variety of routine bottling and cleaning procedures as well as special projects, such as hand labeling, special packaging and other non-standard packaging.
- Ensure productivity stands are maintained through the efficient scheduling of employees.
- Train employees in a safe manner of operating equipment.
- Ensure all operational sanitation standards are maintained and machinery problems are reported in a timely basis.
- Ensure all quality standards are being performed and maintained.
- Verify and ensure that, the automatic loader is functioning correctly and bottles are loaded and proceeding through the line efficiently. Must keep records of bins coming in with correct cuvee for the day. May be required to assist in dumping and washing of caps at the disgorger. Ensure that, operators at this station manually stack cases in the event the automatic palletizer stops.
- Filler/Corker/Wire Hood/Tumbler/Washer/Foil Station: verify and ensure that operators are stocking supplies and watching for low fills or abnormalities with the operation of each piece of equipment. Must check dosage; keep records of bottles used to fill filler or other bottles such as dumps and/or losses for the day. May be required to assist in dumping and washing of caps at the disgorger.
- Labeler Station: verify and ensure that operators are changing labels, and inspect labels as they move through the line. Operators will manually fix labels on bottles as needed. Must keep records of label counts and downtime on a daily basis.
- Case Erector/Packer/Case Sealer Station: verify and ensure that the equipment is making boxes correctly and operators are placing inserts into box. Verify cases are loaded with appropriate number of bottles as well as inspect for quality assurance, may add neckers or promotional material or close gift boxes as necessary. Verify all boxes have inserts, and ensure erector is full at all times and glue sealer has plenty of glue.
- Palletizer Station: verify and ensure that the cases are being palletized correctly, shrink wrap pallet of wine, tag wine with appropriate paperwork and then forklift to the loading dock. Must lift cases when needed to fix machine in safe manner.
- Forklift Driver: verify all supplies are brought in for operation of line, keep Champengal station stocked, load cold room with correct cuvee for the next day, and remove hand stack pallets and any special projects as assigned. May be required to assist in dumping and washing of caps at the disgorger. Keep records of finished and unfinished wine rotating in and out, as well as count supplies for daily use.
- Glass Depalletizer Station: verify and ensure operators cut open pallet of shrunk wrapped glass and unload glass onto conveyor. Employee at this station also responsible for keeping supplies stocked and may be required to hand pack. Must keep accurate count of glass coming in.
- Filler/Biduler/Crowner Station: verify and ensure that the fill height is acceptable, bidules are loaded into bottles and crowns are on correctly.
- Automatic Packer Station: verify and ensure that bins are filled to acceptable level. May be asked to hand pack if machine is not operating. Must keep record of downtime.
- Rover: Must manually pack as needed, put doors on bins, put on straps and fill in as needed. Keep records of
Organizing: (15 %)
- Keep work area clean and organized.
- Follow all safety procedures in operation of equipment and daily operations.
- Work with other departments to help where needed which include but are not limited to: Maintenance, Cellar, Warehouse, Sanitation and Janitorial with flexible schedule changes.
- Performs general duties as assigned or as the situation dictates.
- Maintaining of daily and monthly inventories.
- Keep daily production records up with accuracy.
- Participates in training and safety programs as directed by Production Manager in order to enhance job performance and knowledge of safe work practices.
- Ensure timely and accurate reconciliation of daily records, and physical inventory of finished, WIP, and dry goods materials in SAP.
- Ensure proper input of data for production orders, transfers of WIP and dry goods are accurately input into SAP.
- Multi tasking, leading by example and role modeling professional behaviors in a demanding environment.
- Assist in scheduling of employees on a daily bases to ensure proper operation of equipment and quality standards are maintained.