Domaine Chandon, founded in 1973, was the first American sparkling winery established by a French Champagne house. Chandon is also part of the Wine & Spirits Division of LVMH - Moet Hennessey Louis Vuitton. A leading sparkling wine producer in the Napa Valley.
Find, with us, a fantastic opportunity to take a leading role in the business and work hands on with our Winegrowing team.
Click Here to learn more about this role!
• Work in conjunction with Vineyard Management Companies to plan for resources and day-to-day responsibilities for ranch activities.
• Operate machinery involved with vineyard operations.
• Perform skilled level tractor tasks such as chopping & mowing, disking, light duty spader/cultivation, spraying/dusting, hedging, harvesting, leaf removal, under vine cultivation, coupling & uncoupling of tractor & equipment
• Operate Irrigation and Fertigation equipment according to a weekly schedule.
• Participate in required trainings, team building activities, and other trainings as required.
• Monitor and undertake grapes sampling in designated areas of the vineyards. Monitor harvest activities on ranch.
• Leads by example in safety, enforces safety and P Maintain accurate records of irrigation schedule.
• Check daily maintenance records for tractors and ATVs. Report any concerns for repair.PE requirements and standards
• Minimum 3 years of experience in viticulture field activities.
• Thorough understanding of vineyard farming practices and growing cycles, harvest and irrigation processes and related equipment operation
• Knowledge of viticulture activities such as but not limited to pruning, suckering, cluster thinning, hedging and harvesting.
• Skill to drive and instruct others in how to execute vineyard operations
• Knowledge of principles and methods of irrigation systems, maintenance and repair.
• Skill to identify and solve problems independently
• Experience on Safety Compliance and Regulations.
• Valid CA driver’s license with a clean record necessary.
• Ability to prioritize tasks, assign work in a logical manner to meet productivity and time requirements, ability to make sound decisions and enforce company rules, policies and safety practices.
• Ability to work as a team player. Ability to develop and maintain effective work relationships with all levels of employees, company representatives and vendors/contractors.
• Must be able to communicate directions and ideas in a clear, concise and respectful manner.
• Ability to work on a flexible schedule. May require night shift work during various seasons. Requires on-call status for emergency responding.
• Ability to speak clearly so other can understand.
• Ability to communicate to Manager clearly and in a timely manner all concerns regarding work progress, work quality, order of tasks, and employee safety.
• Requires basic reading and writing in English and Spanish, as well as basic math abilities.
• Basic computer skills in Word, Excel, and Email preferred.
• Must be able to work safely around equipment, trucks, work crews and natural landscape such as creeks, rivers, trees, ditches, etc.
• BA/BS preferred